Thursday 18 October 2012

CHANEL LITTLE BLACK JACKET EXHIBITION

Sarah Jessica Parker

On Sunday I headed over to the Saatchi Gallery on the Kings Road for a nosey at The Little Black Jacket Exhibition: Chanel’s classic revisited by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld.   
After the exhibitions previous success in Tokyo and New York (not to mention the book which the exhibition accompanys) I was curious to see how the Saatchi Gallery had displayed the artwork across its first floor galleries.
What I found were over 100 images on display that range from moody black and white to much larger prints in vibrant colour.
Each model wearing a LBJ is described as a "friend of the House" - basically a selection of beautiful people that make you sick with envy. Amongst my favourites were Elle and Dakota Fanning, Freja Beha, Natalia Vodianova and Lily Lily Donaldson – the last of which I got a free poster version of.
What I enjoyed most about the exhibition was the way Lagerfeld has perfectly captured each individual personality, from those who have adapted the garment to reflect their own sense of style, to the slightly creepy (check out twins Sama and Haya Abu Khadra to see what I mean) and back again to the more straight-laced.

Below are some of my favourites all shot in instagram.
Carine Roitfeld

Dakota Fanning

Elle Fanning

Joan Smalls

Kirsten Dunst

Leigh Lezark

Twins

Uma Thurman

Natalie Dawson, fashion writer, WWB

No comments:

Post a Comment